West Point Christian Preschool strives to create relevant environments where the school partners with parents. We provide quality academic instruction which integrates faith and learning through well developed experiences upon which a child can build. This is supported by hands-on activities in the areas of language arts, math, dramatic play and music/movement.
Each day, West Point Preschool provides a balanced approach to learning, giving you the peace of mind that your child will have fun as he/she develops socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. While academics play a role in development, we believe there are many other opportunities for enhancing the whole child.
We recognize that curriculum is more than what appears in manuals or a series of activities. We believe curriculum is everything that happens in the classroom, from interactions and meals to singing and playing. We never miss an opportunity to educate.
Our teachers use age appropriate curriculum for each classroom:
- Read Between the Lions
- The Encyclopedia of Infant and Toddler Activities
- Learning in a Baby's World Using the state Early Learning Guidelines
There are five childcare programs, two specialty programs and monthly chapel offered at West Point Christian Preschool. Our student to teacher ratio is less than state mandated student to teacher ratio.
Our programs are:
- Infant Room One - 8 weeks to 18 months
- Toddler Room - 19 months to 2 yrs
- 2 Yr Old Room - 2-3 yrs
- Preschool Room - 3-4 yrs
- Pre-Kindergarten Room - 4-5 yrs
- After School Program - Serving children ages 3-4 who attend other half day programs (including headstart, PACE and preschool classes in our area elementary schools) but parents need additional after-school hours, school holidays, and other school closings.
- Summer Camp - A Nine Week Hands-on-learning Summer Camp during June and July where our camp allows kids to discover new and exciting things and make friends. This camp is catered to meet the needs of parents who need temporary childcare for the summer for their young child. This camp serves students ages 3-5 yrs old and students who have completed Kindergarten during current school year (3 yr olds must have turned 3 by December of previous year).
- Monthly Chapel - During our monthly chapel we use engaging activities to introduce pre-school children (ages birth to five) to God. Our curriculum gives children a first impression of their heavenly Father and the wonder of His love for each one of them.